Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Monthly Recap

With the help of my Garmin watch and dailymile, I can better keep track of my running (and other cardio) stats! With that in mind, here's my data for January:

Running: 108.91 mi
Cycling: 27.3 mi
Elliptical: 4.36 mi

Okay, no wonder why my piriformis and IT band have been hurting! I don't know if I've EVER run over 100 miles in one month. Part of me wants to say no, but given that I've trained for marathons before, I wouldn't be surprised if I actually have run 100+ miles in one month before.

But back to dailymile. It also reports other funny stats about my cardio workouts. According to them, I've traveled 1% of the way around the world, and have burned the amount of calories that are in 75.33 donuts.


I'm assuming we're talking old-fashioned, and not these decadent delicacies they serve at Voodoo Doughnuts. I've also apparently burned enough energy to power 268.73 TVs. Are we talking about those ones that they have built into the treadmills? Because how fun would it be if running were the only way to  power those? (Alright, that may be sadistic. But I'm still humored by the thought.)

I stand by my statement from last time -- dailymile is awesome. Now go join. And add me as a friend. K?

No comments:

Post a Comment